SJRC has volunteering opportunities for everyone from firefighting, high-angle rescue and beach lifesaving services to administrative duties and helping ‘behind the scenes’.
We are always looking for bright and enthusiastic people, irrespective of age, who are willing to give up some of their free time to assist our organisation.
Operational Rescue Volunteers
Volunteers aiming to perform operational duties during community events and emergencies should fulfil these requirements:
- Over 18 years old;
- Physically fit for the rigours of rescue work;
- Committed to follow weekly training;
- Willing to help others; and
- Committed to volunteer during community events (e.g. concerts, sports events & festivals) and emergencies.
We also require volunteers to assist ‘behind the scenes’ in various areas including: public relations, fundraising, logistics, ICT and administrative duties.
Benefits of volunteering with us…
- Free access to a wide range of rescue training courses
- Experience personal growth
- Learn how to work in a team
- Meet other volunteers who are contributing to a nobel cause – saving lives
- Help people in your community
- Enhance your Curriculum Vitae
Training sessions are held every Saturday afternoon between 1400 and 1800hrs. There may be some occasional training sessions taking place on an evening during the week between 1900 and 2100hrs.
If you are interested and eligible to volunteer with us, please submit your application to join our team of volunteers. Kindly download this application form, fill in the necessary details and send it back together with a digital photo on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview and conversation about volunteering with St John Rescue Corps.
For all our volunteer positions you will be required to undergo pre-engagement checks including police and criminal record checks and a medical check.