St John Corps is an affiliate member of the International Maritime Rescue Federation.
Based on recent directives issued by the Government regarding the closure of educational institutions, St John Rescue Corps is temporarily suspending all training courses until further notice.
We appeal to the general public to follow the guidance issued by the Health Authorities. We must work together to safeguard the health of our community. In the meantime we invite you to visit St John Malta COVID-19 webpage.
St John Rescue Corps organises Breathing Apparatus Training training aimed at employees as well as the general public.
This training provides participants with awareness and understanding of the use of breathing apparatus. This two-day course is suitable for all personnel who are required to wear breathing apparatus equipment.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- handle breathing apparatus
- properly fit breathing apparatus
- test breathing apparatus
- properly fit mask
- care and maintain breathing apparatus
- Description of breathing apparatus set
- Correct procedures for cylinder connection to set
- Carrying out of high & low pressure tests on set
- Donning and removal of set – individual practice
- Entry control procedures / calculations litres per minute
- Safety checks including check for positive pressure
- Warning whistle activation
- Gauge readings
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This course is delivered by qualified and experienced trainers.
A certificate of attendance is provided.