We are open and delivering courses again in a COVID-19 secure manner to protect participants and our instructors.
St John Rescue Corps organises Health & Safety training aimed at employees, regardless of the industry type as well as the general public.
The aim of the training session is to provide participants with the basic awareness and understanding of health & safety, and to help them identify hazards and reduce risks related to the home & workplace environment.
By the end of the training session, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of health and safety
- Understand the main responsibilities in the occupational health and safety legislation
- Differentiate between risk and hazard and identify human behaviors in accidents and their cause and effect
- Identify hazard control measures
- Describe the main requirements to work safely
- Formulate a philosophy of a health and safety culture for success
- What is health & safety?
- Safety violations and health & safety myths
- Basic elements of a health & safety culture
- Hazards and Risks
- Human behaviours and causes of accidents
- Hazard control measures
- Safety signs
- Working safely
- Philosophy for success
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This session is delivered by a qualified Health & Safety Officer/Instructor.
4 Hours (preferably on a Saturday)
A certificate of attendance is provided.