St John Corps is an affiliate member of the International Maritime Rescue Federation.
Based on recent directives issued by the Government regarding the closure of educational institutions, St John Rescue Corps is temporarily suspending all training courses until further notice.
We appeal to the general public to follow the guidance issued by the Health Authorities. We must work together to safeguard the health of our community. In the meantime we invite you to visit St John Malta COVID-19 webpage.
St John Rescue Corps organises Fire Warden training aimed at employees, regardless of the industry type as well as the general public.
This training provides participants with awareness and understanding of the causes and effects of fire and helps them to identify and reduce the risk that fire presents in the workplace. Techniques for successful evacuations will be discussed and suggested. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to use extinguishing equipment.
By the end of this training the participants will have:
- A greater awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke
- Awareness of all fire safety measures in the workplace
- A knowledge of evacuation techniques, including accounting for personnel
- Confidence in identifying and operating firefighting equipment
- Awareness of potential fire hazards in the workplace
- An ability to make basic risk assessments
- Chemistry of Fire
- Extinguishing Methods
- Classes of Fire
- Types & Uses of Extinguishers
- Physical Properties of Matter
- Occupational Health & Safety Legislation
- Safety Signage
- Safety Equipment (Alarms, Smoke Doors, Fixed Installations)
- Safe Evacuation Techniques
- Basic Hazards
- Basic Elements of Construction & Safety Practice
- Use of Fire Blanket
- Use of Various Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke Room Experience
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This course is delivered by qualified and experienced trainers.
A certificate of attendance with a 3-year validity is provided.
- Individual fee: €50 per person.
- Group training fee: €45 (minimum of 10 participants).
*Proceeds from our training courses support services provided by St John Malta for the community.