The St John Rescue Corps has launched a campaign to recruit volunteers interested in joining the Corps. The recruitment programme starting in November 2017 is mainly targetted towards volunteers interested in rope rescue duties with the SJRC.
The programme consists of these modules:
- Introduction to the St John Rescue Corps;
- Light Rescue (rope work, carrying methods & stretcher handling);
- Radio Voice Procedure;
- First Aid & AED;
- Basic Fire Awareness
- Foot Drill;
- Health & Safety Awareness and
- Compass & Mapping.
The training programme will commence on Saturday 11 November. Training sessions will be held Saturday afternoon between 1400 and 1800hrs at St John Rescue Corps Training School at Fort Madalena. Occasionally some training sessions may be held during the week (one evening between 1900hrs and 2100hrs). During the course, the participants will be required to take a number of theoretical and practical assessments.
If you are interested in volunteering with us and you fulfill the requirements, we would be happy to meet you and discuss further.
- Over 18 years old;
- Physically fit for the rigours of rescue work;
- Committed to follow weekly training (every Saturday 1400-1800hrs and evening during the week 1900-2100hrs);
- Willing to help others; and
- Committed to volunteer during community events (e.g. concerts, sports events & festivals) and emergencies.
Should you wish to join our rope rescue team, kindly download this application form, fill in the necessary details and send it back together with a digital photo on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than the 11th November 2017. We will get back to you to meet up.
YOU can make a difference!!