St John Corps is an affiliate member of the International Maritime Rescue Federation.
Recruiting Volunteer Lifeguards – April 2017
We are now accepting applications from volunteers interested in joining our next recruitment programme starting in April 2017. This programme is mainly targetted towards volunteers interested in performing water lifesaving and pool lifeguard duties with the SJRC. The programme consists of these modules:
- Water Lifesaving (every Saturday);
- Introduction to the St John Rescue Corps;
- Light Rescue (rope work, carrying methods & stretcher handling);
- Radio Voice Procedure;
- First Aid & AED;
- Basic Fire Awareness
- Foot Drill;
- Health & Safety Awareness and
- Compass & Mapping.
The training programme will run between April and October 2017. During the course, the participants will be required to take a number of theoretical and practical assessments.
If you are interested in volunteering with us and you fulfill these requirements, we would be happy to meet you and discuss further how.
- Over 18 years old;
- Physically fit for the rigours of rescue work;
- Committed to follow weekly training (every Saturday 1400-1800hrs and one evening during the week 1830-2030hrs);
- Willing to help others; and
- Committed to volunteer during community events (e.g. concerts, sports events & festivals) and emergencies.
Please contact us through this form and we will get back to you.
YOU can make a difference!!