Recruitment Programme – January 2017
We are now accepting applications from volunteers interested in joining our next recruitment programme starting in January 2017. This programme is mainly targetted towards volunteers interested in performing fire fighting prevention and emergency duties with the SJRC. The programme consists of these modules:
- Fire Fighting (every Saturday);
- Introduction to the St John Rescue Corps;
- Light Rescue (rope work, carrying methods and stretcher handling);
- Radio Voice Procedure;
- First Aid & AED;
- Foot Drill;
- Health & Safety Awareness and
- Compass & Mapping.
The training programme will run between January and October 2017. During the course, the participants will be required to take a number of theoretical and practical assessments.
If you are interested in volunteering with us and you fulfill these requirements, we would be happy to meet you and discuss further:
- Over 18 years old;
- Physically fit for the rigours of rescue work;
- Committed to follow weekly training (every Saturday 1400-1800hrs and one evening during the week 1830-2030hrs);
- Willing to help others; and
- Committed to volunteer during community events (e.g. concerts, sports events & festivals) and emergencies.
Please contact us through this form and we will get back to you.
YOU can make a difference!!