St John Corps is an affiliate member of the International Maritime Rescue Federation.
Recruitment of rescue volunteers is open
St John Rescue Corps is now accepting applications for rescue volunteers. The training programme for volunteers consists of these modules:
- Introduction to the St John Rescue Corps;
- Light Rescue (rope work, carrying methods and stretcher handling);
- Radio Voice Procedure;
- First Aid & AED;
- Fire Warden;
- Foot Drill;
- Health & Safety Awareness and
- Compass & Mapping.
The training programme starts on Saturday 12th January at 1430hrs. During the course, the participants will be required to take a number of theoretical and practical assessments.
You will need to fulfill these requirements to join as a volunteer:
- Over 18 years old;
- Physically fit for the rigours of rescue work;
- Committed to follow weekly training (every Saturday 1400-1800hrs and occasionally once a week between 1900-2100hrs);
- Willing to help others; and
- Committed to volunteer during community events (e.g. concerts, sports events & festivals) and emergencies.
If you are interested and eligible to volunteer with us, please submit your application to join our team of volunteers. Kindly download this application form, fill in the necessary details and send it back together with a digital photo on email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview and conversation about volunteering with St John Rescue Corps.
For all our volunteer positions you will be required to undergo pre-engagement checks including police and criminal record checks and a medical check.
On Saturday 5th January 2019, we will also be inviting prospective volunteers to visit us at Fort Madalena to see our volunteers undertaking training.