St John Corps is an affiliate member of the International Maritime Rescue Federation.
We are now accepting applications from volunteers interested in joining our next recruitment programme starting in January 2018. This programme is mainly targetted towards volunteers interested in fire fighting duties with the SJRC. The programme consists of these modules:
- Introduction to the St John Rescue Corps;
- Light Rescue (rope work, carrying methods & stretcher handling);
- Radio Voice Procedure;
- First Aid & AED;
- Foot Drill;
- Health & Safety Awareness;
- Compass & Mapping and
- Fire Fighting Foundation course.
The training programme will commence on Saturday 20 January. Training sessions will be held Saturday afternoon between 1400 and 1800hrs at St John Rescue Corps Training School at Fort Madalena. There shall also be training sessions during the week (one evening between 1900hrs and 2100hrs). During the course, the participants will be required to take a number of theoretical and practical assessments.
If you are interested in volunteering with us and you fulfill the requirements, we would be happy to meet you and discuss further.
- Over 18 years old;
- Physically fit for the rigours of rescue work;
- Committed to follow weekly training (every Saturday 1400-1800hrs and one evening during the week 1900-2100hrs);
- Willing to help others; and
- Committed to volunteer during community events (e.g. concerts, sports events & festivals) and emergencies.
Should you wish to join our rope rescue team, kindly download this application form, fill in the necessary details and send it back together with a digital photo on firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than the 11th November 2017. We will get back to you to meet up.
YOU can make a difference!!